During the season of Lent, we will be collecting items and monetary donations to help make and send Personal Care Kits to countries without resources to provide them for their communities.
Any monetary offering received during Wednesday Night Lenten Services will go towards purchasing items for the kits and mailing the kits to Lutheran World Relief, where they will then send them to communities. Items will be collected throughout the season of Lent. We will meet together on April 6th following our last Lenten Service to package all of our kits together as a church family.
Items Needed For Each Kit
- ONE light-weight bath-size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”), dark color recommended
- TWO or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz., any brand, in original wrapping
- ONE adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging*
* Toothbrush multi-packs may be used by sealing an individual toothbrush in a business-size envelope; no plastic bags or wrap.
- ONE sturdy comb, remove packaging
- ONE metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
Join us in reaching beyond our walls to make an impact in the lives of others.
> Learn more about the Personal Care Kits Ministry and Lutheran World Relief Services at https://lwr.org/kits/personal-care-kits/instructions
How to Help
- Donations of Personal Care Items (Towels, Bath Sized Bar Soap, Adult Toothbrush, Sturdy Comb, Metal Nail Clippers)
- Monetary Donations for Supplies & Shipping Costs
- Assembling the Personal Care Kits on April 6th